Friday 24 July 2009

Summer Break and Bookbinding Group

Well, it's our summer break at the moment so I thought I'd take advantage of some free time and join a bookbinding group that meets quarterly in Sunderland. I met Ruth from the group when she came to visit our exhibition back at the start of the year. Manny Ling is demonstrating along with two others - Margaret and Christine so it looks like we should get 3 books made - I might get one done!

I'll be taking the camera so I will hopefully get some photos taken to show you all.

A few from the group are also taking advantage of the summer months and attending the CLAS festival and other residental courses in the area. I should get some feedback on these when we all meet again in September

It was a shame that The Cumberland Show had to be cancelled this year - there were three of us from the group who entered the calligraphy competition and Terry was judging this year. I'll upload photos tonight of the entries!

No comments: